As meeting-goers begin to convene again in person, wellness should be top of mind. Meeting planners and attendees are increasingly aware of the benefits of therapeutic services and how they play a role in the success of any meeting, conference or program. According to The American Institute of Stress, “Stress inhibits our focus. This impacts our work productivity. Even prior to the pandemic, a Gallup study found 55 percent of Americans are stressed most of the day. Stress negatively affects work productivity and relationships with co-workers and leads to being mentally ‘checked out’ at work.” If wellness matters in the everyday workplace, it certainly matters at a conference or meeting, where expectations are high to yield a strong return on investment.
Here are five wellness treatments to ease the mind of attendees at your next in-person meeting:
1. The Abbey Resort (Fontana, Wisconsin). The Neroli Blossom Sensory treatment offers attendees the chance to renew and refresh the body and mind with this therapeutic treatment incorporating tension release, energy and breathing with the uplifting essence of Neroli. Neroli oil has a light element of citrus which enhances relaxation and calms the mind – the perfect refresh after a full day of meetings.
2. Garden of the Gods Resort and Club (Colorado Springs, Colorado). Haslauer Flotation Therapy offers a truly memorable experience to reduce mental and physical stress. Attendees can unwind in the highly coveted Haslauer Pure Sense Soft Pack Bed—imported from Austria and housed in a special sanctuary room—as attendees float weightlessly, cocooned by body temperature warmth, and feel the vibrations of music. To further enhance this one-hour float experience, guests might pair it with the STRATA Signature Full-Body Massage.
3. Riverhouse on the Deschutes (Bend, Oregon). The Blue Eucalyptus Massage is a holistic treatment that combats adrenal fatigue. The session begins with a steaming blue eucalyptus inhalation to enhance immunity, followed by a full-body massage with ginger root oil to rebalance the adrenal system. To finish, a cooling peppermint balm is massaged onto the feet and calves, bringing relaxation full circle.
4. Lansdowne (Leesburg, Virginia). Vitality Ritual Mandarin – Sweet Orange is a body ritual that features fruity fragrances combined with a re-balancing massage to awaken senses, free stress, fight against physical and mental fatigue and recover energy levels. It is the ideal 80-minute reset for a tired body and mind.
5. Costa d’Este Beach Resort & Spa (Vero Beach, Florida). Attendees can take wellness to another level with a Halotherapy dry salt experience in the salt room. Halotherapy is a dry salt therapy that uses a halo generator to grind and crush salt into micronized particles and disperse through a dry salt aerosol into the salt room, allowing the dry salt to act like a sponge attracting foreign substances. There are many benefits when it comes to Halotherapy but a few to note include increased better sleep patterns and reduced anxiety or stress. As dry salt is an antibacterial agent, it will dissolve bacteria and pollutants allowing results to be achieved in as little as 5-20 minutes.